Ava's Blog - Life with an independent thinker.

ALOHA. WELCOME TO AVA'S BLOG. THIS CHRONICLE'S MY LIFE WITH AVA, AND OTHER EVENTS. CHEERS.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Part 5... 1 if by Land... 2 if by Sea (Land and Sea Adventures)

Aloha.

Guess what, it's still cold. And Ava's sick, so we spent the weekend in bed. Seriously. I read 3 books and relaxed and rested. Besides her hacking and not feeling well (which oddly enough makes ME fell like crap)... we had a nice, quiet weekend.

So, back to the sun & surf. This time around we visit the crew of the SS Vacation as they explore sea cliffs and Sea World. Will they ever get off the island?

Walking the cliffs at Point Loma. Who's holding up whom?
Photobucket

Our own little Magellan.
Photobucket

Cringing or smiling? Eh, it's a cute face she's making either way.
Photobucket

Maybe the sign worried her. Oops.
Photobucket

We were looking for tide pools here, but we think it was a) too cold and b) too late into the tide. But it was still gorgeous.
Photobucket

Time to switch gears. Our heroes move from the bluffs to the sea. Grab your life jackets and water-proof cameras. Here comes Shamu!

Intent on the show...
Photobucket

3 dolphins! This was the coolest show. The behaviors exhibited by these animals were amazing. I wanted to do a "dolphin experience" but it was $150 for an hour of "wading" or like $500 for a full session. Someday.
Photobucket

A hurdle champ!
Photobucket

Photo op in front of a garden. Beautiful.
Photobucket

Feeding the sea lions with sushi. Ava actually grabbed the fish and tossed them. No weak stomachs here.
Photobucket

3 classic Shamu moments.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back to the dolphins. We missed this exhibit earlier in the day, which was too bad. You can pet and feed the dolphins. I got a chance to touch 1 briefly, but Ava missed out. It was the end of the day and they were tired and picky I think. But it was still amazing.
Photobucket

Speaking of tired...
Photobucket

Well, we're nearing the end of our vacation. In photos. 1 or 2 more posts, depending on how I structure them. I sure hope everyone enjoys. Someone recently told me how impressed they were with this blog. And asked why I keep doing it. First and foremost it's for Ava.

Ava, someday you'll see this and know how much I (and your mama) loved you and enjoyed our time with you. Hopefully we can keep telling you that, but this will show you in pictures. And "witty" commentary. I keep telling you I'm my own biggest fan. Your blog will prove it.

Also, I do it because I know that for every comment I get online or otherwise, many others enjoy this slice of our life with Ava. Hopefully I keep you coming back each week with the photos and fun. And maybe someday you'll be able to watch a show I wrote on or created, and say "I used to read his blog."

So that's why I keep doing this. And I truly hope you all enjoy reading it. Take care of yourselves and your slice of the world. After all, it's not ours, it's on loan from our children.

Cheers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen this Point Loma--what a spot!! And Shamu and crew are quite a spectacle. Glad you had a chance to take it in even if Ava won't remember it. You are still adding enrichment to her young life.And humor when she reads your captions(someday!)
love,nani

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Intent on the show" and "Our little Magellan" are priceless!!! I love the angles you take your pictures from! So glad you keep doing this. One time I invited all the lurkers to comment once in awhile. I know you have lots of fans out there. Ava is cool--your writing is cool--ALL three of you are cool! Thanks again for sharing!

dunes

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home