Ava's Blog - Life with an independent thinker.

ALOHA. WELCOME TO AVA'S BLOG. THIS CHRONICLE'S MY LIFE WITH AVA, AND OTHER EVENTS. CHEERS.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Hold on tight...

Aloha!

Since we're in the Great White North, we might as well enjoy the white, yeah? Becky and I grew up playing in the snow. Sledding, skiing... you name it. But in adulthood, people look at you funny if you sled with no kids. And skiing kind of falls off the radar. But we're back Old Man Winter. Did you miss us?

This year we took Ava sledding for the first time. She's ridden sleds before. Around the yard, down our little hill. But this time... it was for real. Wheeee!!!

"I'm going down that?! You're crazy."
Photobucket

"Mwa-ha-ha... I'll take you no matter what!" (Seriously, I did that. She wouldn't talk to me or come near me for 30 minutes.)
Photobucket

Does she look worried? She should! Woman at the helm, look out! (It's funny, cause they're both female!)
Photobucket

Oops! Wrong turn.
Photobucket

"I'm so outta here."
Photobucket

"Come on mama, faster!"
Photobucket

No words necessary.
Photobucket

"Here mama, I'll help."
Photobucket

"Or I'll sit here so you're not alone."
Photobucket

"It's okay mama, come with me."
Photobucket

"Okay mama, you go..."
Photobucket

"... and I'll race you down the hill."
Photobucket

"Too fast mama!"
Photobucket

"Fine, I'll just sit here. And chill. Seriously, it's cold. What's the matter with you guys!? Take me to the beach." (Okay, Ava didn't say that, I did)
Photobucket

"Daddy, my snow pants are faster than your sled."
Photobucket

"Wait, maybe it was my belly?"
Photobucket

"Oh, is that where we are? Thanks, I couldn't see."
Photobucket

And now, the close ups.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Look at those rosy cheeks. Go ahead, scroll back up, they're cute.


And here's the family photo to top it all off.
Photobucket

Next time, another day of sledding. This time: sunshine! As always, mahalo for stopping by and seeing my 'ohana.

Spring is springing... enjoy the day :)

Cheers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grand pictures! You are so fortunate to be able to sled so close to home.

dunes

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is great you chose to dedicate time to sledding together as a family! It's obvious that Ava loves it and both of you enjoy sledding with her. Oh the joys of a little one getting you to do some of the things you would have left behind forever!

dunes

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home