Ava's Blog - Life with an independent thinker.

ALOHA. WELCOME TO AVA'S BLOG. THIS CHRONICLE'S MY LIFE WITH AVA, AND OTHER EVENTS. CHEERS.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

My First Father's Day

Well here I sit at the end of my very first Father's Day. I don't think the day is meant to "reward" dads...I think it's meant to help us remember how lucky we are. This week, Becky (and Ava) gave me a new razor. She said it was my gift for today. I was excited, I've wanted an electric razor for awhile. I'm terrible about shaving as often as I should. But they're kind of expensive. So I was happy for that. Plus, she had taken Ava for her 1 month portraits, and surprised me with those. So I thought that was really good. Well then Saturday night she asked me if I wanted my present... I of course said yes, so she gave me another picture. It's the black and white below. How amazing and gorgeous are my girls? Plus she gave me a couple of mouse pads, one for work and one for home. Then this morning we had Crystals biscuits and gravy, waffles and cinnamon rolls. Then a wonderful dinner, even banana splits tonight. It couldn't have been a better day. And I got to see my dad today (and mom, aunt Cathy and Kelly) and Becky got to see her dad (and mom). Truly a blessed day. So I'm going to post some pics, and instead of captions, I'll put a description or more with some of them. Have a great Monday!

This first pic is the one Becky gave me.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's Ava's one month portrait.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ava's wearing her "I love my daddy" bib.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Doug and Crystal were entertaining Ava. No, Crystal didn't change her diaper. She thinks she's not good with babies. We're trying to change that.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Doug's impression of Ava. I came downstairs to this, and him saying "Nope, I don't see how this is comfortable."
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's our front flower box. The tiger lilies and haystack were there. The day lilies are from my mom's family, and the spikes in back are from Sarah. She planted 30, and 23 have come up so far.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Two close-ups...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A bunny in our back yard.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pa & Grandma renewing their vows...50 years! That's Pastor Grother, he married them, too.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our clan.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The whole gang (my mom's family).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Awww...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Toasting the (not new) couple :)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pa and Ava. I think he likes being a "great."
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Aunt Barb is moms sister. She and Uncle Dan live in Texas, so this is their first meeting of Ava.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dude, lay off the champagne. Oh wait, it's just late and they're really tired.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Click here for a neat Father's Day chart my mother-in-law gave me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love following Ava's growth. She is so beautiful..you have inspired me to creat my own blog. Thanks!!!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Dan Moyle said...

Where is your blog...and who are you?

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry...Michelle Decker (Roberts)

http://thedeckerfamily.iuplog.com/

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home