Ava's Blog - Life with an independent thinker.

ALOHA. WELCOME TO AVA'S BLOG. THIS CHRONICLE'S MY LIFE WITH AVA, AND OTHER EVENTS. CHEERS.

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Snotty Truth

It's amazing how resilient kids are, and what big bags of pansy adults can be. At least me, anyway. I spent almost the entire weekend either in bed, on my way to bed, or thinking about bed as I battled a cold. Ava on the other hand, has had the cold about 2 days longer than me, and she's kicking my butt all over the house. I'm such a wuss. But we're on the mend finally. I'm back to work today, so I guess I'm okay. The problem with tv news, is that November is one of 3 months during the year we call "book," or "sweeps." In entertainment, all your prime time favorites have their big shows this month. In news, we do special projects we think our viewers (and those we hope to convert to ours) will tune in for, then stay and remember us when it comes time to send out the surveys on who their favorite station is. So November is a "no time off" month. No vacations, and if you can help it, no sick time. There are those who forget that rule, but I've been "blessed" with a pretty strict work ethic. Thanks mom and dad :) So I'm feeling a little better, and back to work. I thought I would take a moment to blog, so here you go. Lucky you. Other than the cold/sickness, we're doing well. We unfortunately had to miss a holiday celebration on my dad's side because of the colds, but I figured 1) better not to get everyone there sick and 2) better to get little Ava better ASAP. Some notes of progress for you: Ava now says her "K's." Milk used to be "milt." Now she says milk. So her vocabulary gets better all the time. Plus her memory is really good. She'll tell me what she did during the day. She also asks about 'Mantha almost every day. Nick and Rachel were out of town this weekend, and Ava said Rach and Mantha a few times each day. She wants to visit, but we've kept her away. And she's developed quite an imagination. She'll go to the door, put on mama's shoes, and say "bye." You ask her where she's going, she'll say "gramma." Very cute. Oh, and she's taken to dropping the "a" from mama, much to Becky's dismay. At only 19 months, mama has become mom. She's too young for that!!!

Well, on with the photos. I think I need to get the most recent uploaded soon. These may be the last of the pics I recently did, which means they're a couple of weeks old. I'll get on it!

"Buddy. Gallop. Fast." Buddy is her horse, she loves to gallop. Fast.
~side note: check out the green leaves behind Ava. They're all gone now, as fall is winding down. :^(
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Get that lip!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Uncle Doug and Aunt Crystal went to Mexico for their honeymoon, and brought Ava a flute/recorder and an authentic maraca.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Meet Samantha. Ava's first playbuddy.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She's so excited to meet 'Mantha!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that 'Mantha is sure cute. She must come from good stock.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Dan Moyle said...

Hmm...sounds like a biased comment. Not really "fair and balanced..." But oddly, quite true. I know Samantha's mama, and grandparents. Good people.

:)

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is wonderful that Ava has a new life to relate to--Samantha!!! What a doll Samantha is! Ava will look forward to visiting with her many times. Congratulations Nick and Rachel!!!

licky

3:55 PM  
Blogger Dunes said...

What a great gift Doug and Crystal brought back from Mexico!!!! The more music Ava can experience the more she will grow and grow and grow. Bring on the music, rhythm, and the dance.

Dunes

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home