Ava's Blog - Life with an independent thinker.

ALOHA. WELCOME TO AVA'S BLOG. THIS CHRONICLE'S MY LIFE WITH AVA, AND OTHER EVENTS. CHEERS.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Big Day / Weekend

So I've finally updated my pictures at home, and I'll have more from this weekend. I'll be blogging this weekend, so check in for new pictures.

It's a big day today for Ava...her first day with Grandma. My mom is done with school and is helping us out by taking care of her on Fridays. I'd say how nice she is, but I know it's just so she can see her all day without having to put up with Daddy! :) (love you mom!)

**Side note...I'm listening to music on CMT right now. Toby Keith's new single "As Good As I Once Was." Check it out if you get a chance, it's pretty good. The other music I'm really into right now is Jack Johnson. Doug and Crystal introduced me to his music. It's great. If you get a chance, check him out too.

So anyway, back to Ava. I know that's the real reason you're here. We're having dinner with Becky's folks tonight. Grammie gets time with Ava off the clock. Plus we haven't seen Grandpa in more than a week. Then the California crew comes in this weekend for a week visit. We can't wait!

Plus my good friend and colleague Nick is up for an Emmy!!!!! The awards are Saturday at Ford Field in Detroit. Here's what Rachel says about it...

Ok – So I’m going to be shameless and brag on my extremely talented husband a bit…I’m sure nobody minds!

For those who don’t know – and for those who do – Nick has been nominated for an EMMY from the National Television Academy – Michigan Chapter for his work on “Michigan Football Memories”. This was a video he did while at Unique Film and Video when we lived in West Bloomfield. It’s a film showing the history of the University of Michigan Football and it aired several times on PBS around the state and is sold in any store that carries Michigan gear or DVDs. Check out more information about the video here and you can even see a bit of Nick’s work.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that on Saturday, June 25th, Nick and I will be all decked out in our formal gear and going to Ford Field for the Twenty Seventh Annual EMMY Awards. Nick is nominated for the category “Program Editing”. You can see the list of nominees here. His category is 10Y so you’ll have to scroll down a bit.

Please pray for Nick and be thinking about him on the 25th. He has worked very hard and deserves this. He is SO talented and this would just validate that and allow him to sell himself better to the marketplace.


GOOD LUCK NICK!!!!

So that's what's new 'round these parts. Look for pictures soon!

P.S.
I'm so happy everyone is enjoying this blog. In fact, it's inspired others to get on board. Our friends Chad and Jen have plans to blog the progress on their new house (hopefully this mention will get the ball rolling! :^) ) and a former classmate set up a blog for her family. (That link's here - give it a look-see)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm workin' on it! Hopefully by this weekend I'll have it up and running! But thanks for the mention, Dan! Oh, and by the way -love the pictures!! It is great to see that you are all so happy! See you soon! - Jen

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home