Ava's Blog - Life with an independent thinker.

ALOHA. WELCOME TO AVA'S BLOG. THIS CHRONICLE'S MY LIFE WITH AVA, AND OTHER EVENTS. CHEERS.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Life is Good

Aloha.

So we're back to "normal" at home. The Waterfront Film Festival is over, and I'm home once again. And we're busier than ever. Kristi, Angel and Gage are headed our way, and Ava's super excited. Becky and I are, too, but Ava's positively giddy. And when she's giddy, we laugh.

I thought I'd share something, then get to the photos. This is Ava's bedtime prayer.

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
I love go with me through the night
And wake me in the morning light.
Amen

Notice it's "I love" ... instead of "Thy love." It's really quite cute. And she says it all by herself. I'll try to help her, she'll giggle and put her hand over my mouth and say "I can do it on my own Daddy." Then she asks me to say "amen" with her. I love bedtime with Ava.

On with the show!

We took a trip to St. Ignace for a day. Becky taught a class for the Michigan Design Team on make up. It was wild. I'll share the make up later. But the gist here is: Ava and I went, so we made it a free vacation. While there, we checked out Tahquamenon Falls. And yes, Ava can say that.

Arrival at the hotel. Ava made fast friends with the staff. They loved her.
Photobucket

What a beautiful scene. As always, the picture doesn't do it justice.
Photobucket

Enough scenery, here's the real beauty!
Photobucket

Just look at those ladies.
Photobucket

I'm no Ansel Adams, but...
Photobucket

"Psst, Ava. Look."
Photobucket

"Daddy!"
Photobucket

"I'll show you! Gimme that camera!"
Photobucket

That was just the first hour. Wait till we hit the trail!

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan Moyle said...

Hey O.G. ... try another comment. Let's see if it gets deleted again. Very weird last time.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here we go!
A week from now when we're up there in the UP, I'm sure it won't be as beautiful as it was when Ava was there!
Nice shots

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home