Ava's Blog - Life with an independent thinker.

ALOHA. WELCOME TO AVA'S BLOG. THIS CHRONICLE'S MY LIFE WITH AVA, AND OTHER EVENTS. CHEERS.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Da U.P. (part 2)

Aloha.

Last night I took Ava, Angel and Gage to the church near our house to ride bicycles around. So Ava on her tricycle tried to keep up with the bigger kids on their 2-wheelers (Gage has training wheels). I encouraged her, as she said "We're doing racing daddy." I told her she was doing a great job of racing. The next time she she came around, Ava said to me "You let me know when I'm doing fantastic daddy!"

It's times like that I love my life.

Now, back to our St. Ignace/Tahq Falls trip.

Ava decided to instigate a sit down protest to the deforestation of vital rain forests abroad.
Photobucket

Or, she was having a fit. Look at that face!
Photobucket

So it was daddy to the rescue.
"Get that camera out of my face!"
"Please."

Photobucket

I thought this was a cool sign.
Photobucket

Here we are at the lower falls.
Photobucket

Peeking over Ava's shoulder as she learns about waterfalls and minerals.
Photobucket

"Yes daddy, I know you're back there with the camera."
Photobucket

I love capturing Ava as she witnesses the world around her.
We wanted to get her on one of these rowboats, and out to an island at the lower falls. Ava wanted nothing to do with it. So we tried to coax her slowly. This was as far as we got. She sat/stood in the boat and played with the oars on the boat landing. Maybe next time.

Photobucket

Another nature shot. This time, the upper falls.
Photobucket

Still more to come. We'll talk soon.

Cheers.
-Ava's Daddy
Photobucket

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures and comments from Ava's Daddy! Thanks much for the update. Ava is growing up FAST! Your pictures and comments continue to uplift all of us. I remember my daddy rowing us out to the Lower Falls just like it was yesterday--It was a little over 1/2 century ago (that's 50 years plus)!! Brought up a great memory! I can see him rowing now! I never saw my dad row before or after that--I guess that is what VACATIONS can be for!

Dunes

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home